Sunday, July 13, 2014

P. larvae germination in BAD medium assay

Created a new batch of MYPGP agar plates (1 liter). Incubated one plate at 37C overnight to see if the same contamination issue arises again. I also placed a few MYPGP agar plates from the previous contaminated batch in the 37C and 37C 5%CO2 just to confirm that all the plates from that batch are contaminated and should be thrown out.

For this batch of MYPGP agar I used 1 gram of sodium-pyruvate from the media kitchen, because we are running low in the Fisher Lab stock. The first time I made MYPGP agar I also used the sodium-pyruvate from the media kitchen and had no contamination issues. That was the only variation between the previous two batches of MYPGP agar, even though I don't think the reagent was the problem.

//EWW

No comments:

Post a Comment